Family Early Education Center
Building School Improvement plan (BSIP)
Below are Gerner's objectives for the 2021-2022 school year.
Goal 1: Each student will graduate college, career, and life-ready.
- 1.1 80% of Gerner Pre-K students will meet Kindergarten Readiness benchmark (at least Building Later) as measured by the DRDP assessment tool for the Language and Literacy Development (LLD) and Cognition (COG) Domains.
- 1.2 80% of Gerner Pre-K students will meet Kindergarten Readiness benchmark as measured by the DRDP assessment tool (at least Building Later level) for the Approaches to Learning - Self Regulation (ATL-REG) and Social and Emotional Development (SED) Domains.
Goal 2: Ensure success for ALL students regardless of background.
- 2.1 Decrease the Access and Opportunity Gap [as measured by the Access and Opportunity Index % TBD]
- 2.2 Decrease the Kindergarten Readiness gap between Pre-K student demographic groups as measured by the DRDP assessment tool (at least rated at Building Later) for the Language and Literacy Development (LLD) and Cognition (COG) Domains to 10 %.
Goal 3: Park Hill School District will leverage its Keys to Excellence for sustainability into the future.
- 3.1 ACADEMIC - Quality instructional delivery.
- 3.2 CLIMATE - Provide a safe, caring, and welcoming environment.
- 3.3 EMPLOYEE - Quality staff.
- 3.4 FINANCIAL - Strategic resource allocation.
- Every child has the right to a quality education.
- Every child has the ability to learn.
- Early learning is critical to child development.
- Early parent involvement is the key to student success.
- Children learn developmentally appropriate play skills through meaningful, research-driven, play-based instruction.